Saturday, March 08, 2008

Have you ever ...

had one of those moments when you know God is trying to shift your paradigm. It all started on Sunday at church. My pastor talked about happiness, and how we will never be happy until we learn to become people centered instead of self centered. Then Sunday night I was talking to a friend of mine, and we began to talk about consumerism. Then on Monday morning I was talking to my friend and boss at work and he mentioned consumersim. He began to talk about living life not for what we can get out of it, but what can we give back. Then on Tuesday my wife asked me to run by the store on my way home to pick up some tea. As I was entering the store I saw some people selling something as you exited the store. I had already made up my mind I wasn't going to look at them on the way out. So as I was leaving I very quickly ran out the door and didn't look their way. They asked if I would.... I cut them off in mid stream telling them I wasn't interested. I hurried on my way toward my truck when I hear that little voice, the one we try to drown out from time to time, say to me "How do you know you are not interested? You didn't even hear what they had to offer. Go back and see what they wanted." Well I tried to drown out the voice and argue with it, which didn't work. I got in my truck, started it and the voice said don't leave. I thought to myself what's going to happen if I do, but truthfully I didn't want to find out. So I turned off the truck and walked back up there to find out they were raising money for D.A.R.E. So I bought a $5 teddy bear. On the way back to the truck I said God you must really be trying to shift my paradigm. I get in my truck start it to go home and on the radio is "Paradigm" by All Together Separate. They were singing the line "Oh, I stand solid while the paradigm is shifting'. That is when I realized God is shifting my paradigm. Maybe he wants to shift yours to.

3 comments:

Andy Zook said...

Keep listening. Keep shifting. You are an encouragement to me. Like iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

By the way this friend/boss of yours sounds like a really cool dude.

Commander Eric said...

He is a really cool dude. I will have to introduce you some time.

Anonymous said...

Good word