Sunday, March 02, 2008

Are you a pimped out S-10?

This afternoon on my way home from Auto Zone I saw an S-10 Blazer with Lexus rims on it. I almost had to pull over to laugh it was so hilarious. I thought to myself check this guy out trying to be something he's not. Then the Lord buzzed me. You do it all the time. "I do not!" was my first thought. As if I know myself better than the Lord. You know we all try to pretend we are something we aren't. I can't tell you how many times I have have been mad and tried to hide it, or back in the day when I was living in sin and trying play church. The truth is no matter how much I tried I was still mad and I was still buried up to my neck in sin. Just like the S-10 today no matter how hard we try we can't really hide who we are. We will still be an S-10, pimped out, but still an S-10.

1 comment:

Esther said...

lol, I actually had to google that the S10 model was introduced from 1982 :P

We try to strive in our humanness like the Pharisees-- Oh the beautiful thing about God's grace and mercy!