Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Do Not Gloat Over Me My Enemies

While I was in the hospital a good friend of mine, Craig, gave me a verse which encouraged me and my whole family. Micah 7:8, “Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me.” (NAS) Here I was in one of the darkest moments in my life and I hear this scripture. Micah is telling his enemies not to gloat over him because he is down. He tells us he sits in darkness, but the Lord is his light. Here he is surrounded by his enemies arrogantly gloating over him about his failure and his condition and he is still able to proclaim God is his Light. I felt like God was telling me to ignore all of my enemies, everyone telling me to expect the worse, and focus on His light of truth and He would pull me through.

No comments: