Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Right Way

Recently during one of my occupational therapy sessions my therapist made a comment to me about doing my exercises the right way. She said men tend to be more about reaching the goal, and could care less if they do it right as long as they get there. Where as women really aren't as concerned if they achieve the goal as long as they are doing it the right way trying to reach the goal. At first I laughed, and thought this woman has lost it.

Later the same day ..... God really started to deal with me about what she said not only with my therapy, but with every area of my life. Am I learning to just walk again or am I making sure I am doing it right. What have I gained if I just achieve the goal of walking again only to develop a permanent limp in the process? Am I just trying to serving God or am I serving Him the right way. I don't know about you I want to do more than slide in the door of heaven. I want to serve God with every fiber of my being. Am I just trying to be just a father or am I really trying to be the father God wants me to be. I am reminded of the saying "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy."I don't want to be a father who is untouchable I want to be a Daddy. Someone my son can learn how his relationship with God should be. I want to more than just a husband. I want to be the husband my wife needs me to be. I want my son to learn how to treat women from me and the relationship I have with my wife, and not from some kid at school.

As a man of God I should not just be living my life, but living my life like 1 Corinthians 9:24. "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but {only} one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win." (NAS)

Everybody runs the race. Are you running the right way? Are running the race in such a way as to win the prize?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric this is very good and I think we all should be challenged by what you are saying. I know that I am.

GoofyGary

Eric said...

Gary thanks for the words of encouragement. I plan to keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Eric, I'm so proud of you, and all the progress you're making, and the miracles God has performed! You're a walking testimony, and I love to hear what God is teaching you in the process! Andy and I will be in OKC next weekend for premarital counseling. Maybe we'll catch ya at church?
Angie

Eric said...

Hey Angie. Thanks for the great words of encouragement. I hope to see You and Andy. God is amazing!

In the famous words of Goofy Gary,"Ain't God Good!"